Friday, September 14, 2012

Change

"One reason people resist change is that they focus on what they have to give up, rather than what they stand to gain." This is a quote I  picked up the other day, probably from a client and good friend, Dale Lovett on his famous Face Book page. Change drives evolution, evolution creates opportunities for better product and better experiences.

How does this relate to me and my career in the snowmobile industry? I can answer that by saying that I am motivated to provide to my clients, to own and to ride nothing but the very best snowmobile I can create. My personal sleds as well as the sleds in my fleet are all improved to a degree that enhances there ability to make it fun and easy to attack the terrain in the back country that only a few riders can actually experience. I can demand out of a sled what i think a mountain back country sled should be because I want my clients to have the best possible experience they can have.

 I partnered with BRP because they are an aggressive company willing to allow evolution through change. They have a vision to create a mountain back country sled that meets the demands of my program. It is important to me that my clients have a great experience while attending my clinics, this requires a sled that is easy to ride. The 2013 Ski-Doo Summit XM is a great example of of BRP's desire to build a product that sledders appreciate, a product that we all can get on no matter what skill level we are at and have fun, because it is easy to ride. BRP made a statement with the release of this sled saying, we know what a mountain rider wants in a sled, we will deliver that sled! I am ecstatic to be involved with this kind of attitude, this is passion, and passion drives individuals and companies to excel in accomplishing their vision.

In the end, it is fun that I am delivering to my clients. The great outdoors is a wonderful place to experience during the frozen winter time. The best part of all is that there is no dust, nor are there any bugs to deter the fun, only endless mounds of Rocky Mountain powder, unrestricted. I'll be on my new Summit XM ripping up the snow!

3 comments:

  1. Right on, just what I said when I heard of your move to BRP, this is good for the sport!

    Rock on Bret!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bret, well said. I have found myself is this bit of situation, being the current sled is an '02 skidoo 800, and looking for newer for more ease of riding and more fun, so is everyone doing the snow dance yet?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sounds right Bret !
    Reminds me of a quot from Charles Darwin though not intended for snowmobiling !

    “It is not the strongest of the species that survives, nor the most intelligent that survives. It is the one that is the most adaptable to change.”

    ReplyDelete