Monday, November 5, 2012

Rasmussen Signature Series Seats

My WRP manufactured Rasmussen Signature series seats are on the shelf and available to anyone who rides Doo, Cat or Polaris. The Ski-Doo version is 4 pounds, 2 full pounds lighter than the factory version, but most importantly is 3+ inches lower than the original. This allows me to transfer more easily from side to side giving me more control of my sled at all times. At the end of the day I am not totally spent, the lowered seat design conserves much energy because getting from one side of the sled to the other is much easier.
This is obviously going against the trend of the manufacturers to build higher and higher seats demanded by consumers. Why do sledders ask for higher seats? It is my opinion that true back country riders do not ask for this and as I am able to visit with groups across the snow belt who ride off trail I have been able to confirm this. Mostly a misconception, but one that is easily overcome. Now don't get me wrong, if you are 6'6" and don't have any problem swinging your leg over that high seat then you will be OK with the OEM version. Or if you are the guy who bought his mountain sled to trail ride with and never stand up during a ride then YOU are the guy they built the seat for in the first place.

 
Ski-Doo XM version shown. Pro RMK and ProClimb seats are similar in appearance and dimension. Please contact Wasatch Recreational Products directly to order. http://www.wr-products.com/


 
 
 
 

1 comment:

  1. so great post I like your Information.
    http://stylopoint.com/

    ReplyDelete